If you are on the IELTS Academic, IELTS General or OET Speaking Intensive package, you will receive two live speaking tests that will be completed 1:1 with one of our expert teachers. See: Do you have a speaking-only package?
Any E2Language student who has a paid account can purchase the Speaking Intensive assessments as an 'add-on'. Please see: How do I purchase the Speaking Intensive assessments?
PTE Speaking Intensive students please see: How do I submit my assessments for feedback?
When you book a live Speaking Intensive test session, YOU choose a date and time that is convenient for you; you will be allocated a teacher who is available at that time. A Speaking Intensive test session cannot be booked within the next 24 hours, but can be booked up to 7 days in advance.
You will generally receive your feedback within 48 hours. To see the criteria we mark them under, please check What feedback do I receive on my speaking intensive test?
To book your IELTS/OET Speaking Intensive test:
1. Log in to your account.
2. Select 'LIVE SPEAKING FEEDBACK' from the left sidebar menu of your student dashboard, and then click on 'Register' next to Speaking Intensive.
Alternatively, you can select 'PROGRESS' from the top menu of your student dashboard and then click on 'Register' next to Speaking Intensive.
3. You will be asked to select a day and a time. All bookings are made in your local time zone, and in the 24-hour clock (eg. 4:00 = 4am and 16:00 = 4pm!)
4. Once you have confirmed your booking, you will see a pop-up message that confirms your successful booking. Please test Zoom on your computer or laptop by clicking on 'click this link NOW'.
5. Within 5 minutes after you have confirmed your booking, you will also be sent a confirmation email (please check your spam folder!).
For IMPORTANT information on how to prepare your technical requirements, please read this article: How do I prepare for a 1:1 session?
NOTE: If you have technical issues during the live speaking test that could have been avoided by preparation, we will need to count the session as taken. To rebook it, you need to pay a fee of USD$15.
6. You will receive an email from your teacher ABOUT 5 MINUTES BEFORE your speaking test is due to begin. This email will include a Zoom link, and all you have to do is click the link.
NOTE: You must provide at least 24 hours’ notice when cancelling or rescheduling a 1:1 session. If you do not attend your session without giving 24 hours' notice, we will need to count the session as taken. To rebook it, you need to pay a fee of USD$15.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email our support team at [email protected].