If you are booking a Tutorial, a Study Plan Consultation, a Pre/Post-Test Consultation or a Mini Mock Test Speaking appointment, please make sure that:
- You have booked for the correct time in your local time zone
- You can use the Chrome Browser on a laptop or desktop computer (please do not use phones or tablets)
- You make every effort to ensure a reliable internet connection
- You have tested your internet speed here: https://www.speedtest.net/ and it says you have an upload/down speed of at least 0.6mbps
- You have tested Zoom on your laptop or computer at least 24 hours beforehand:
- Test Zoom here: https://zoom.us/test
- Click "Join" > Click "Join from your browser" > Type in your name
- Click "Computer audio" > Click "Join audio by computer"
- Allow microphone and video access (there will be a pop-up message or you can check the icons in the bottom left-hand corner)
- You should now be in a Zoom meeting with yourself!
- To join, you look for the zoom link in your teacher's email (in your inbox or Junk/Spam folders) OR in your APPOINTMENTS tab 5 - 15 minutes before the appointment starts.
- See How to find your appointment Zoom link for more information.
If you have not followed these steps and you either miss your session or there are technical issues on your side that mean the session cannot happen, the appointment will be counted as taken. If you would like to reset the appointment we will then require a reset fee of USD$39 for Tutorials or USD$15 for all other appointment types. See: Can I book my 1:1 appointment again?
If you have any questions or concerns, please email our support team at [email protected] and we will get back to you within 24 hours.